The World Apostolate of Fatima is a PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF THE FAITHFUL, approved by the Holy See, whose DECREE OF ERECTION was signed on October, 7, 2005, Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Our international association was created, as late as 1947, in the United States of America, by the hand of Father Harold Colgan and Mr. John Haffert. The name given to the movement was initially Blue Army but, as it spread quickly around the world, it became an international apostolate with millions of members and national centres in various countries, adopting the worldwide recognised name WORLD APOSTOLATE OF FATIMA.
The World Apostolate of Fatima has, as its general purpose, the promotion of the authentic teaching of the Catholic Church and the strict adherence to the tenets of the Gospel; the personal sanctification of adherents through faithful adherence to the message of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima – Portugal, in 1917, to three little shepherds, Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta Marto and the promotion of the common good by the spreading of this same message.
The international headquarters of the World Apostolate of Fatima are located in Fatima, Portugal.